Last updated 16 September 2021
The health, safety and security of all who attend the Airmic Conference 2021 is our top priority. The Conference has been planned and assessed in line with UK government guidance for COVID-19 for “Events and attractions” in England. This guidance may be subject to change from time to time and we will continue to encompass these changes in our arrangements as necessary.
The venue for the conference, Brighton Conference Centre, has also attained the Good to Go accreditation recognised by Visit England and as part of the Association of Event Venues re-open group, the conference centre also follows the Industry All Secure Standard. This standard includes a program of enhanced measures to ensure health and safety is the number one priority with the four key criteria of social distancing, cleaning and hygiene, communication and protect and detect at its core. Brighton Conference Centre has and will continue to ensure its compliance with the standards expected of and required by Airmic Limited to achieve compliance with its requirements for the management of health, safety and security in the context of Covid-19.
Attending the Airmic Conference 2021 in Brighton implies acceptance of the following conditions including the conference Covid-19 conditions of entry which have been established for the safety and enjoyment of all our attendees, and which may be amended from time to time.
Whilst the Covid-19 conditions of entry are designed to reduce the risk of transmission of Covid-19, it is not possible to eliminate that risk entirely. Each attendee assumes the risks related to Covid-19 as a result of their attendance at the Airmic Conference, and agrees that Airmic Limited and their directors, officers, employees, agents and officials has taken all reasonable steps it can to provide a healthy, safe and secure environment. Airmic Limited shall bear no liability in respect of any such illness or fatality unless it is proven that the illness or fatality was suffered as a result of the wilful misconduct or negligence of Airmic Limited.
Covid-19 conditions of entry
These Covid-19 conditions of entry shall apply to all attendees and all categories of attendees of the Airmic Conference 2021 at the Brighton Conference Centre (the conference centre).
All attendees agree to comply with any and all entry requirements in the context of Covid-19 and by attending the conference and accessing the conference centre, the attendee confirms that the Covid-19 conditions of entry are accepted.
Airmic Limited may amend these Covid-19 conditions from time to time, including if such changes are reasonably necessary to address health, safety and security issues or otherwise protect the interests of those attending the conference centre.
1. Attendees must attend the conference centre in compliance with all applicable laws and UK Government guidance regarding Covid-19 in force at the time and as otherwise implemented by Airmic Limited. By entering the conference centre, each attendee warrants that they are not breaching any such laws or guidance.
Attendees are required to pay particular attention to the UK Government guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus infection which can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection#symptoms and ensure they observe such guidance at all times.
2. Attendees must not attend the conference centre if they have tested positive for Covid-19 and are required to self-isolate.
3. Attendees must not attend the conference centre if they are suffering from any symptoms of Covid-19.
4. If an attendee develops any Covid-19 symptoms whilst attending the Airmic Conference (to include any overnight stay), they shall immediately leave the venue they are present in, return to their place of residence as soon as possible, using their best endeavours to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission, and follow the government guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus infection referred to in clause 1.
5. Attendees must not attend the conference centre if they have been identified by any competent authority as having had any close contact (as defined in the government guidance referred to in clause 1) with a person who is or may be infected by Covid-19 and their self-isolation period includes the date/s they are due to attend the conference, nor should they attend if required by any competent authority to carry out a Covid-19 test and the period in which they are awaiting the result includes the date/s they are due to attend the conference.
If an attendee is notified by a competent authority that they have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 and asked to self-isolate whilst present at the Airmic Conference, they shall immediately leave the venue they are present in, return to their place of residence as soon as possible, using their best endeavours to reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission, and follow the government guidance for households with possible or confirmed coronavirus infection referred to in clause 1.
6. Attendees accept that they may be requested to leave the Airmic Conference at any stage by either Airmic Limited or its agents and that on being requested to leave, attendees may be provided with a suitable escort from the venue they are present in.
7. Attendees must not attend the conference centre if they are required to self-isolate following travel to the UK from another country in accordance with the UK Government rules for entering the UK in force at the time of the conference. Details are available here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england.
8. In the event that anyone registered to attend the Airmic Conference is unable to attend, they shall contact Airmic Limited by email at email@example.com to notify them of their non-attendance as soon as reasonably practicable.
9. Attendees may be required to undergo checks on entry to the conference centre by Airmic Limited or its agents depending on UK Government guidance in place at the time or in such other circumstances as may be communicated by Airmic Limited.
10. Depending on the UK Government guidance at the time and in accordance with Airmic Limited protocols for the event, attendees, other than those subject to any medical exemption, may be required to wear a face covering in areas indicated at the event where a face covering should be worn.
11. Whilst at the conference centre, attendees must wash and disinfect their hands whenever possible and use sanitiser stations when available.
12. Attendees must follow the directional signage and queuing systems in place at the conference centre and its perimeter.
Thank you for your cooperation.