Airmic update on Coronavirus / Covid-19 – 17 March 2020
The situation regarding the Coronavirus / Covid-19 is developing daily and we would like to stress that Airmic regards the health, safety and wellbeing of its delegates, exhibitors and team members as the top priority.
We would like to confirm that plans for Airmic 2020 in June are continuing but are clearly in doubt. We are very mindful of the wellbeing of the whole community and the fact that government advice is changing on a daily basis.
As of 16 March, the Scottish government has recommended a ban of events with over 500 people in order to ease the pressure on emergency services. We are in communication with the Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC) – which is a City Council owned facility and follows government advice – to understand how they are interpreting the timeline of the recommended ban.
Until we have a full and clear understanding of their interpretation, our position on the annual conference has not changed. Clarity on the future of our plans for the conference is expected to emerge over the next few weeks and we thank you for your patience.
This is clearly a serious, dynamic and fluid situation and we are monitoring the situation, government advice and the views of our stakeholders closely.
In the meantime, we would like to reassure attendees that the EICC has put in place robust protective measures, as recommended by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and Health Protection England/Scotland and the UK Government. These include:
- Additional hygiene signage at reception areas, cloakrooms and within all washroom and dressing room areas.
- First-aid points located around the EICC, clearly marked, with appropriate PPE available to first responders to manage anyone taking unwell with flu-like symptoms.
- A dedicated medical room which can be used if required for temporary isolation purposes should we have concerns about anyone showing any symptoms of the virus.
- Additional hand sanitising facilities at EICC reception areas, toilets, cloakrooms and food service areas.
- An enhanced cleaning regime in place to focus on communal surface areas.
Airmic will provide guidelines to conference attendees at registration that include health procedures and tips. All registrants will receive printed copies of safety measures in their welcome materials.
This Airmic Coronavirus update page will be reviewed and updated regularly in the lead up to the conference.
The EICC Conference guidelines on the Corona-virus are here
For further information, please contact email@example.com.