We know that conferences can take a heavy toll on resources, society and the environment.
They can generate significant waste, put a strain on local resources like water or energy, or even ignite tensions in local communities.
We are working together with the EICC and our contractors to promote a sustainable and environmentally friendly Conference.
Click here to download the EICC’s Environmental policy.
Click here to download the EICC’s Sustainability policy
At the Airmic Conference you will find that:
- We will reduce the use of plastic being used at the Conference. If we use any ‘single use’ items such as grab and go coffee cups or ‘plastic’ water cups they will be compostable and will be put in with the food waste which is recyclable.
- We will reduce the amount of paper being used. Delegates should bring their own writing materials. Workshop slides and feedback forms can be downloaded on line. Handouts should not be given out.
- Food and beverages will be sourced locally, organically grown where possible and the venue will minimise on food wastage and disposal.
- Conference caterers will not serve any ‘red meat’ products, and more vegan options will be available to delegates.
- Clearly labelled recyclable bins will be placed around the conference centre, and waste from exhibition stands will be recycled.
- Project over print – projection mapping will be used in the auditorium, instead of using heavy weighty sets and props.
- Where possible delegates and exhibitors should consider ‘Green travel’ as much as possible. This means to consider travelling by train to Edinburgh and using the trams to get around the city. Partners are encourage to source ‘green friendly’ transport in shuttling delegates from the conference centre to their own fringe events.
- Exhibitors should consider using environmentally friendly products for their stand build and materials which can be reused the following year.
We hope you can support us and the environment to help make this event a ‘Green’ conference.